Shows and promotions range from outdoor sports to boat and business expos. “I continue to focus and be consistent in building a solid foundation for all marketing and communications. My number one priority is the exhibitors who participate in the shows that are produced.”
Deborah Kessler has more than 15 years of experience producing, promoting, and marketing trade shows and events.
Deborah Kessler has over 15 years, as a key advisor in strategy and development for numerous nonprofits. Her work as an organizational development and events consultant for businesses, she has been fortunate to be able to see these companies such as ICAN thrive because of teamwork. Not to mention her excellent analytical skills, including experience collecting and analyzing program data to determine impact and return on investment. In addition, seeking out donors and grants that were applicable.
Kessler works as a full-time entrepreneur by operating her own marketing, public relations, promotions and consulting company and producing up to four trade shows per year; Big East Camping & Outdoor Sports Show; The Home Show and Christmas and Crafts, The Spring Spectacular all located at the Turning Stone Resort Casino Events Center. As a resolute and self-disciplined business owner, she makes it a necessity to exhibit leadership qualities including clear communication, strong delegation, and a positive attitude daily. As a business owner she wears a variety of hats, from IT to budget director and HR Generalist.
In 2018, Kessler Promotions was hired to assist with the Baggs Square Association Board of Directors in the process of creating a functioning and strategic organization with grant monies from The Community Foundation of Herkimer and Oneida Counties. Kessler Promotions assisted with increasing membership, events, and board functionality.
In addition, she had the privilege to work as a Marketing and Public Relations Director for M.A. Polce Consulting, Inc. Kessler was instrumental in expanding the company within the Utica market while continuing to build its brand. Kessler not only built an impressive customer base through developing sales leads and new business development. Throughout her employment with MA Polce Consulting, Inc., she had the privilege to work with many different verticals as presented various service and solutions to assist them with their Information Technology environments. She also worked with a variety of service solutions company’s such as Cisco, HP, and Microsoft.
Boardman ship – Kessler has and continues to sit on various boards of directors throughout the community. This has strengthened her natural ability to build and sustain genuine rapport within community relations. I served as board chair for the premier leadership organization.
- Empowered Pathways
- Herkimer-Fulton-Hamilton-Otsego Bocos
- Central Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired
- Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member of The Raymond Simon Institute for Journalism and Public Relations at Utica College
- Previously-Board Chair for the premier leadership organization; Leadership Mohawk Valley
2011 Graduate of The Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield Partnership for Nonprofit Enterprise Excellence by the Central Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired. The program is offered to board chairs, chair elects on track for a board chair.
2018-2020 served as chair for the WKTV Heart Telethon. The telethon is a big part of raising funds for the American Heart Association, and awareness of heart health.
- MEMBERSHIPS: 1996 Class Participant of Leadership Mohawk Valley
- 7/99-2010- Marketing Chair Leadership Mohawk Valley Board of Directors/Board President
- 2006-2007 8/21/03 Recipient of 40 Under 40 Award
- 4/29/04 Recipient of LMV “Follow the Leader Award”
- 8/2012-1/2014 Greater Utica Chamber of Commerce Board Member/Small Business Chair
- 6/2011-Present Central Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired. Development Board Secretary
- 2016-Present Board Member of The Raymond Simon Institute for Journalism and Public Relations at Utica College
- 5/2019- Present- Central Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired. Governance Board
- 5/2020-Present- Board Member Herkimer-Fulton-Hamilton-Otsego BOCES